I have to be the most insecure Guy in the known universe.
I’ll prove it right here.
This picture (from my backyard) has four main elements.
- A Garden
- A Volleyball
- A Set of Golf Clubs
Can you guess what the fourth is?
The symbolic Wire Cage around them all? Yup, Dang; You Smart!
The wire fencing represents the barrier in my mind that has kept me from Trying new things throughout my life.
All 3 of the hobbies in the picture are things I have recently decided to give my very first ever effort into trying.
Back to the insecure part…
All 3 are things I used to be too scared, too embarassed, too nervous or too chicken to even attempt.
That little wire cage really doesn’t do justice to the enormous mental Wall that I used to have built around attempting anything that might involve Failing.
Fear of Failure…
Fear of Failure!!
has probably been the most costly emotion that has ever entered my heart.
Somehow, my entire life, up until recently, I have carried around a humongous weight.
It sounded like these thoughts:
- If you make a mistake, you’re a screw up.
- If you fail at trying something, you’re a failure as a person.
- I fear looking stupid in front of others.
I recently figured out for myself that…
I was completely wrong about that!
Actually the TRUTH is:
- If you’re not making mistakes, then you’re not doing anything. I’m positive that a doer makes mistakes.
- Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
- He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
So, maybe some of these ideas resonate with you?
Surely you haven’t been:
– afraid of planting a few vegetables (because the plants will all shrivel up and die, or produce a poisonous fruit that kills you dead, telling the world that you’re a fool for trying to plant a garden!)
– afraid of joining a Sand Volleyball League (because you’ll miss the ball every time, get winded, fall down and die in the middle of the court!)
– afraid of saying Yes to play in a Free golf tournament (because every ball you’ll hit will go sideways, you’ll lose all your equipment when you drive the cart into the lake and everyone will yell at you to get off the course, after which you’ll die!)
Okay, maybe there’s a little exaggeration in there… but you get my point?
Somewhere in the last year, when I decided to jump out of the mainstream world and try my own thing, I figured out that even when all kinds of things don’t go like you planned, and goal after goal has gone unreached… You Still LIVE to see another day!
Then, taking that knowledge, and feeling much free-er, and confident that, by the Grace of God, life will go on, even if things don’t go perfectly…
I decided to TRY the challenges that came along my path and presented themselves to me.
Guess what: It’s been a BLAST!!
Learning that I can grow and expand my “normal” self in ways that I didn’t know was possible has been nothing short of amazing, in my own mind.
Sure, these may seem like little things to you but… You aren’t :
The most insecure Guy in the known universe!!
So: When new ideas, or challenges come along your way, do you jump at them with vigor? Or do you pass on them with Fear being the main reason?
If talking about improving your financial situation, so that you end up with More Money and Less Stress sounds like your version of Gardening, Volleyball & Golf… well, I know just how ya feel!
I know that taking that first step, and telling yourself that you are worth it; is key. Guess what, if it doesn’t work out, you will go on living to see another day. And that my friends, is the new beginning of your fantastic fresh world of possiblities!
In fact, if you work yourself out of debt and have lots of cash on hand, and Hate it, then the bank will surely loan you enough to get back to where you started!…
You CAN begin the journey to debt-freedom today. You ARE capable of living the life of your dreams. You Will succeed when you set your mind to it. I believe this about You with all My Heart 🙂
So! Enough rambling for tonight.
I’m gonna’ work on my swing, swat a few serves and yank some weeds before this night is over…
‘Cause truthfully, I need lots of practice at all this stuff; heck, I’m just a beginner!!
(oh yeah, and I grew my hair out too… I know: I’ve completely lost my “normal” mind… THANK GOD!)
Got a leaky Wallet? Bulging budget or none at all? Dilapidated Debt that you’re sick of living with? You are losing hard earned dollars every month! Let me show you how to spackle the cracks and firm up your financial foundation. DIY or using my professional services, either way, the best time to fix your finances is Now!